Ted Ginn Sr.
Ted Ginn Sr. believes that one of the best vehicles for having a successful career and rewarding life is through the classroom and athletics. Ted is teaming up with STANCE to show kids that there are ways of being successful that don’t include a life of drugs, violence or gang involvement. By building character and having respect for self and others, kids will develop into good citizens who will achieve anything they put their minds to.
Leader on the field…
- Attended Glenville and played as Linebacker in the 1970’s
- Volunteer football coach 1976-1986
- Assumed head football coach positon (which he still holds today)
- Started “Winning and Building a Team Against All Odds” program in 1997
- 1998-2005 Led Glenville Tarblooders to eight-consecutive East Senate League wins
- Featured in Sports Illustrated (June, 2001) for extraordinary effort in taking Pierre Woods to seven states to attend college summer camps
- Named Head Coach for Glenville High School Boy’s Track Team in 2002
Leader off the field…
- Trustee for the National Association for the Education of African American Children
- Man of the Year, 2006 for the National Association of Negro Business Professional Women’s Clubs, Inc.
- Named High School Coach of the Year 2006, by the National Black Coaches Association
- Inducted into Glenville Hall of Fame in 2006
- Established Ginn Academy in 2007 to house, educate and mentor at-risk males
- Established Ginn Foundation, which is committed to developing young people socially, academically and spiritually in order for them to be able to succeed in school and in life.